The Companion Book - #1 New York Times Bestseller
What if one simple change could save you from heart disease, cancer, and stroke?
For decades, that question has fascinated a small circle of impassioned doctors and researchers - and now, their life-changing research is making headlines in the hit documentary Forks Over Knives. Their answer? Eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet - it could save your life.
It may overturn most of the diet advice you've heard - but the experts behind Forks Over Knives aren't afraid to make waves. In his book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn explained that eating meat, dairy, and oils injures the lining of our blood vessels, causing heart disease, heart attack, or stroke. In The China Study, Dr. Colin Campbell revealed how cancer and other diseases skyrocket when eating meat and dairy is the norm - and plummet where a traditional plant-based diet persists. And more and more experts are adding their voices to the cause: There is nothing else you can do for your health that can match the benefits of a plant-based diet.
Now, as Forks Over Knives is introducing more people than ever before to the plant-based way to health, this accessible guide provides the information you need to adopt and maintain a plant-based diet.
- Insights from the luminaries behind the film - Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, The Engine 2 Diet author Rip Esselstyn, and many others
- Success stories from converts to plant-based eating - like San'Dera Prude, who no longer needs to medicate her diabetes, has lost weight, and feels great!
- The many benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet - for you, for animals and the environment, and for our future
- A helpful primer on crafting a healthy diet rich in unprocessed fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, including tips on transitioning and essential kitchen tools
- 125 recipes from 25 champions of plant-based dining - from Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins and Sunny Orange Yam Bisque to Garlic Rosemary Polenta and Raspberry-Pear Crisp.
The Cookbook - New York Times Bestseller A whole-foods, plant-based diet has
never been easier or tastier—300 brand-new recipes for cooking the Forks
Over Knives way, every day!Forks Over Knives
—the book, the film, the movement—is back again in a Cookbook
The secret is out: If you want to lose weight, lower your cholesterol,
and prevent (or even reverse!) chronic conditions such as heart disease
and type 2 diabetes, the right food is your best medicine. Thousands of
people have cut out meat, dairy, and oils and seen amazing results. If
you’re among them—or you’d like to be—you need this cookbook.
Sroufe, the man behind some of the mouthwatering meals in the film,
proves that the Forks Over Knives philosophy is not about what you can’t
eat, but what you can. Chef Del and his collaborators Julieanna Hever,
Judy Micklewright, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and Darshana Thacker transform
wholesome fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes into 300
recipes—classic and unexpected, globally and seasonally inspired, and
for every meal of the day, all through the year:
Very Berry Smoothie, Breakfast Quinoa with Apple Compote
• Salads, Soups and Stews:
Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing, Lotsa Vegetable Chowder, Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Stew
• Pasta and Noodle Dishes:
Sicilian Cauliflower Linguine, Stir-Fried Noodles with Spring Vegetables
• Stir-Fried, Grilled and Hashed Vegetables:
Grilled Eggplant Steaks
• Baked and Stuffed Vegetables:
Millet-Stuffed Chard Rolls
• The Amazing Bean:
White Beans and Escarole with Parsnips
• Great Grains:
Polenta Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil
Apricot Fig Squares, Bursting with Berries Cobbler
. . . and much more!
Simple, affordable, and delicious, the recipes in Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook
put the power of real healthy food in your hands. Start cooking the plant-based way today—it could save your life!
Share Forks Over Knives With Family And Friends!
Buy the 4-DVD or 10-DVD package Now And Save! Click Here For Details.