Enjoy your Forks Over Knives DVD + Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue DVD + Companion Book with the exclusive Forks Over Knives 8" x 12” Velvet gifting pouch. This high quality velvet pouch with satin drawcord and embroidered Forks Over Knives insignia houses your Combo pack and puts that special touch on your Gift of Health.
Join the Conversation that's Changing the Way America Eats
Forks Over Knives DVD
FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods.
The major storyline traces the personal journeys of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, a nutritional biochemist from Cornell University, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, a former top surgeon at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic. Inspired by remarkable discoveries they made, these men conducted several groundbreaking studies. Their separate research led them to the same startling conclusion: degenerative diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and even several forms of cancer, could almost always be prevented - and in many cases reversed - by adopting a whole foods, plant-based diet.
The idea of food as medicine is put to the test. Cameras follow "reality patients" who have chronic conditions from heart disease to diabetes. Doctors teach these patients how to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet as the primary approach to treat their ailments - while the challenges and triumphs of their journeys are revealed.
The film features leading experts on health and tackles the issue of diet and disease in a way that will have people talking for years.
- Food as Medicine
- What About Organic Meat and Dairy?
- The Latest on Diabetes
- Tax Dollars for Dairy
- Benefits from the Plant-Based Diet
- Filmmakers Discuss Forks Over Knives
The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue DVD
Join Rip Esselstyn, former Texas firefighter and bestselling author as he teaches the White and Wali families the basics of a whole-food, plant-based diet. Step-by-step, Rip guides these families on how to take control of their own health by:
- Undertaking a top-to-bottom pantry clean-out
- Showing them how to navigate the grocery store aisles to not get burned by misleading nutritional labels
- Giving cooking lessons to make family favorite, tantalizingly plant-strong dishes
With the life-saving tips in The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue, it's easy to own your health - join Rip and learn how to rescue your kitchen today!
Includes recipes and bonus meal!
52 minutes | 16:9 | Color
English and Spanish Subtitles Available
The Companion Book - #1 New York Times Bestseller
What if one simple change could save you from heart disease, cancer, and stroke?
For decades, that question has fascinated a small circle of impassioned doctors and researchers - and now, their life-changing research is making headlines in the hit documentary Forks Over Knives. Their answer? Eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet - it could save your life.
It may overturn most of the diet advice you've heard - but the experts behind Forks Over Knives aren't afraid to make waves. In his book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn explained that eating meat, dairy, and oils injures the lining of our blood vessels, causing heart disease, heart attack, or stroke. In The China Study, Dr. Colin Campbell revealed how cancer and other diseases skyrocket when eating meat and dairy is the norm - and plummet where a traditional plant-based diet persists. And more and more experts are adding their voices to the cause: There is nothing else you can do for your health that can match the benefits of a plant-based diet.
Now, as Forks Over Knives is introducing more people than ever before to the plant-based way to health, this accessible guide provides the information you need to adopt and maintain a plant-based diet.
- Insights from the luminaries behind the film - Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, The Engine 2 Diet author Rip Esselstyn, and many others
- Success stories from converts to plant-based eating - like San'Dera Prude, who no longer needs to medicate her diabetes, has lost weight, and feels great!
- The many benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet - for you, for animals and the environment, and for our future
- A helpful primer on crafting a healthy diet rich in unprocessed fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, including tips on transitioning and essential kitchen tools
- 125 recipes from 25 champions of plant-based dining - from Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins and Sunny Orange Yam Bisque to Garlic Rosemary Polenta and Raspberry-Pear Crisp.