The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
The healthy vegan diet-made easy.
Vegans face their own special challenges when it comes to nutrition and this book provides answers. There are about one million vegans in the U.S. and about 50,000 new ones every year. A growing number of physicians advocate a completely plant-based diet for many of their patients who suffer from diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. In The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Plant-Based Nutrition, readers will find:
- Where to get nutrients that others get from meat and dairy.
- How to avoid the vegan pitfall of overfed but undernourished.
- How to spot hidden animal ingredients in packaged foods.
- Tips for eating at restaurants.
- Special considerations for children and seniors.
About the Author
Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T. is a Plant-Based Dietitian and an ACE-Certified Personal Trainer who has owned To Your Health Fitness and Nutrition in Southern California for 12 years.